Friday, November 19, 2010

Weekly Review - November 19, 2010

Biodiesel In Singapore

  • The What
    • The world’s largest biodiesel production plant has been opened in Singapore this week. This plant is rumored to be able to produce 800,000 metric tons a day.
  • Why You Care
    • I went into depth on this topic yesterday, but the most important point to take away from this (aside from the fact that Asia is beating our ass) is that a plant of this size signals that investors are beginning to recognize the potential of other clean fuel sources and we can expect more of these plants to pop up around the world.
    • Petroleum products aren’t going away any time soon, but these are vital steps towards a cleaner energy community.

Fort Collins Going Green

  • The What
    • Fort Collins in Colorado is going for a carbon footprint of zero.
  • Why You Care
    • I know what you are thinking. “An establishment in Colorado being environmentally conscious? Stop lying!”
    • If a military base can reduce its carbon footprint to zero, the certainly residential homes can also do it. Also, as I have said before, once the military begins to invest in technologies, the technology is developed even further and the price becomes lower for consumers.

Job Searching

  • The What
    • I’m looking for a job.
  • Why You Care
    • Plenty of other things happened this week (most of which you can find on Sustainabili-City’s Twitter page), but none of it was earth shattering as most of it was politics related, and I told myself that I would take a break from that while I am looking for a job.
    • If anyone else is going through the same excruciating process of job searching in the alternative energy or efficiency markets, I recommend taking a look at Dayaway Careers. They have a great listing of green companies and a list of jobs that is constantly updated – just don’t take a job that I am applying for, because I will find you*.







*Just kidding.**






**Not really.

No comments:

Post a Comment